Advertisement

Kingston Wharves getting ready for expansion of Berth 7

Mark Williams, CEO, Kingston Wharves

 

Kingston Wharves Limited has disclosed that the US$60 million upgrade and expansion of Berth 7 should begin soon.

CEO of Kingston Wharves Mark Williams confirmed on Monday that equipment for the project have been acquired and installed.

Kingston Wharves has disclosed that the US$60 million upgrade and expansion of  Berth 7 should begin soon.
 
CEO of  Kingston Wharves Mark Williams said the project had been awarded to an international contractor and "all preliminary work has been done," including acquisition and installation of equipment.
 
He made special note of the fact that all the steel required for the construction project has already been ordered, being "mindful of the global supply chain issues  and price escalation... and we've gotten ahead of that."
 
Within a few months therefore, he said, "we should be ready... with the physical work on the ground."
 

 



comments powered by Disqus
More Stories
Most Popular
Grenada awaits results of general election
Netflix lays off 300 employees
Russia rerouting trade to BRICS countries