Advertisement

Carter receives 4 year ban for failing out of competition dope test

Report by RJRGLEANER Communications Group Sports Reporter Jerome Foster

2013 world 100m bronze medallist Nesta Carter, now retired, has been given a 4-year suspension for using the banned drug clomiphene by the Independent Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel. 

Carter escaped the possibility of an 8 year ban for a second positive drug test, which came out of competition in March this year.  

The sprinter in a statement on Wednesday, said the substance clomiphene was contained in medication prescribed to him while out of competition in February 2021, to manage an ongoing medical condition.

Carter previously served a three-month ban in 2017, as a result of a retroactive test for the stimulant methylhexaneamine from the 2008 Olympics.

Kent Gammon, who chaired the three member disciplinary panel, said the decision to give the five-time World Championship medallist a four year ban was unanimous.

 

 



comments powered by Disqus
Most Popular
No 'bad flu' in Jamaica, says MAJ
Investigators looking at possible motives in...
Nine-year-old murdered during carjacking in...