The Royal Bahamas Defence Force on Monday said it is preparing to remove 400 Haitians from a cay in the Ragged Island chain that is owned by the Bahamas but not occupied by Bahamians.
In a statement, the army said it had been informed by a fishermen on Sunday that a suspected Haitian vessel was seen partially submerged off Flamingo Cay.
It said a group of individuals was also sighted on Flamingo Cay, Water Cay and Ragged Island.
Officials from Operation Bahamas Turks and Caicos were also informed and proceeded to the area where they confirmed the sighting.
The statement said this latest incident follows the apprehension of more than 500 Haitians within the last week.
Those individuals are currently detained and are being processed.