.png)
00:00
00:00
00:00
Prime Minister Dr Andrew Holness and Mandeville Mayor Donovon Mitchell
The Government's plan to develop a new park in Mandeville, Manchester has been rejected by Chairman of the Manchester Municipal Corporation and Mayor of Mandeville, Donovan Mitchell.
Prime Minister Dr Andrew Holness, who made the announcement during his budget speech earlier this month, said the park will be constructed by the National Housing Trust to commemorate its 50th anniversary.
Speaking at a Manchester Chamber of Commerce banquet on Saturday, Dr Holness urged the private sector in the parish to give its input on the plan for the construction of the park.
But addressing a Manchester Central Divisional meeting at McIntosh Primary School in his Royal Flat Division last evening, Mr Mitchell said the Cecil Charlton Park in the town centre is adequate for the parish.
Market
Mr Mitchell is also calling for Local Government Minister Desmond McKenzie to revisit a plan developed by the Manchester Municipal Corporation for a modern, multi-storied market.
He claims the plan for the market was shelved after the People's National Party lost the 2016 general election.
comments powered by Disqus